Prepping on a Sunday is key to having meals ready for the week to grab and go. This week I made a few new delicious recipes and even learned a new trick too!!
The most exciting new item I made came from my new cookbook! I recently purchased this cook book from Amazon! It’s a great book, with lots of recipes, ideas, and even a little section about Paleo! I like that it’s an “on the go” recipe book as well since I’m usually “on the go”!
Here’s the recipe: Bacon and Egg Salad with fresh herbs!
Ingredients: (makes 4 servings. I cut mine in half so it was just for me!)
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh minced basil
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion
- 1/3 cup of mayo (they had a recipe, I used my Tessemae’s instead!
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 strips bacon, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions: (The first part is my new trick!! So excited!)
- To hard boil the eggs, fill a medium-sized pot with water and bring to a boil. Reduce and summer. Add baking soda and salt. Gently add eggs with a slotted spoon* and simmer lightly for 14 minutes.
- When done, drain the pot of water and crack the eggs by shaking the pot and allowing them to hit the side of it. Add cold water and allow to sit while you chop the herb and onion.
- Peel the eggs and place in a bowl. Break the eggs up with your warns into small chunks
- Add the herbs, mayo, mustard, lemon juice, onion, and bacon. Season with Salt and Pepper
Yum Yum. I put mine over a small side salad with balsamic dressing…Also Tessemae’s. Plus an apple for dessert!
I also found in the recipe book Sweet potato apple-cinnamon pancakes!! Wowza’s! Super east and delicious. I put that together with 3 sausages for my protein and a side of grapes! Yum!
Another breakfast I made was 2 eggs over medium. (People always look at me funny when I say that. They look at me funny too when I tell them I like my coffee black.) Over Medium….that just means I like the yolk cooked through a little more. No runny yolk here.
So I cooked 2 eggs OVER MEDIUM with 2 slices of bacon, a side of sautéed veggies, and a banana.
I recently purchased this small egg frying pan. It’s the perfect size to fry eggs and not waste a whole big pan. Plus I make the hubby Egg McMuffin’s, so I whip 2 eggs with a little milk and put it in here. It fits perfectly on his english muffin with bacon and cheese! Yum for him too!
Plus I used to make the Sweet potato apple cinnamon pancakes so that would be a nice perfect size! It’s a multipurpose pan now!
*Slotted spoon just means that it has holes in, so when you put the egg in the water, it goes in a little more gently than one without.
Check back soon to see if I make any more delicious recipes from my new book! Plus I’ll have some budgeting posts coming up and more menu’s for next month!